The Topeka Youth Hockey Association, the Topeka Pilots, and the Kansas Expocentre have joined together to offer a Learn to Play Hockey program here in Topeka. This program is open to anyone ages 4-14 who would like to learn to play hockey.
No prior skating experience is necessary!
Players will need to register with USA Hockey ($50 fee for anyone ages 7 and up, free for ages 6 and under) prior to signing up. The cost is $70 for the program, which includes 7 on-ice sessions with Topeka Pilots coaches and players, as well as TYHA coaches.
Full hockey gear is recommended - with skates, hockey helmet, hockey gloves, and a stick being the minimum equipment.
The TYHA has rental gear available for children up to approximately age 9, and some equipment for older children. If you need equipment, please contact us.
The registration link, along with the dates and times of the Learn to Play Hockey sessions are below.
Any questions, please contact Kevin Grauberger at email@example.com
Things to know for the 2018-2019 fall/winter house/rec league for 8U, 10U Squirt, 12U Peewee, and 14U Bantam players:
- REGISTRATION: Online registration was August 6th to September 4th. A $50 late fee will be applied to registrations after September 4th. NOTE: there is currently no 12U Peewee team in Topeka.
- PRACTICES: Topeka Youth Hockey Association practices began late September and run through mid-January. Contact a TYHA Board Member or Division Director for details.
- DECLARATION GAMES: September 28-30, 2018, for 10U Squirt, 12U Peewee, & 14U Bantam. October 6-7, 2018, for 6U/8U Red, White, & Blue.
- GAMES: House league games start October 13-14, 2018 (16 game season plus play-offs). Contact a TYHA Board Member or Division Director for details.
- PLAY-OFFS / END-OF-SEASON TOURNAMENT: February 22-24, 2019, for Squirt/Peewee/Bantam teams (tentative pending weather and other season events).